Tuesday, June 8, 2010

University of Texas, TX



While Laura has always been fascinated with Schlitterbahn, the same can be said for me about the University of Texas. I didn’t apply there as a senior in high school, but if I were a senior again it would have been in my application stack. Texas does a tremendous job of melding a strong academic program with big-time successful athletics backed with tremendous pride. Even on a Sunday in June, it was clear the city backed and somewhat revolved around the university, much like Michigan and Florida.

I was a big fan of the campus as well. We spent ~30 minutes walking around the main quad before going to the main stop of the trip – Texas Memorial Stadium. As always, it was a thrill to stand at the 50-yard line of 100K+ capacity stadium (#5 biggest in the country).

No comments:

Post a Comment