Saturday, July 10, 2010

Soundtrack

At the beginning of the trip, I wanted to create a soundtrack for the trip as well as pick a "song of the day" to start out each day on the open road. Here is the result - Jonathan may be selling copies if you want. He made our initial this soundtrack as well as picked out 180 potential wedding songs that we've been sifting through on the drive.

1. R.O.C.K. in the USA - John Cougar Mellencamp
2. Calling it Baton Rouge - Garth Brooks
3. On the road again - Willie Nelson
4. Born to be wild - Steppenwolf
5. California - Phantom Planet
6. Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band
7. Days Like This - Van Morrison
8. Georgia - Ray Charles
9. God Bless Texas - Alan Jackson (?)
10. Rocky Mountain High - John Denver
11. Party in the U.S.A. - Miley Cyrus
12. 1000 miles - Vanessa Carlton
13. Going to Carolina - James Taylor
14. King of the Road - Roger Miller
15. Running on Empty - Jackson Browne
16. Highway to Hell - AC/DC
17. I've been everywhere - Johnny Cash
18. I get around - Beach Boys
19. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
20. Road Trippin - Red Hot Chili Peppers
21. Out on the Highway - Judas Priest

Any other suggestions? Please comment.

ps. I originally had Rascal Flats "Life is a Highway" as one. Then I found out that Laura has this strong contempt for them. Very surprising to me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Laura... Rascal Flats are the worst. I'd mix in a little more Cougar, do you have "This is our Country"? You may have heard it before on a Ford commercial.

    ReplyDelete